What you need:
- paper and a pencil
- scissor for Paper
- tiny scissor
- cardboard (stable)
- black cardboard or black foam
- sequins in black and other colours you like
If you want to fix the mask with a headbend you also need elastic but I decided to use a stick because it doesn't squeeze my hair. If you want to create the same bat like me follow the link below and print the image on the entire page or the PDF in the actually size.
You don't need to have an account on dropbox for this, you can just skip the log-in and download it. On the top there is the shape for the bat and below it is the shape I started with if you want your mask look different.
So let's start with the first step! You can skip the first parts if you use the download.
1. Print the shape of the mask or draw one yourself and cut it out. Hold it in front of your face so you know if you have correct the shape, size or the eyes.
This is the shape I started with:
2. I drew that on a second paper so I easily could change the shape and create a bat. I also made the eyes bigger so I can see better when I have it on.
3. Fold it half so both sides of your mask look the same, then cut it out.
4. If you want to use a cutter to cut out the eyes then make sure to practise first because it is a bit tricky. If your cutter skills are worse like mine, cut out a little shape in the middle of the eye and cut it out with a tiny scissor.
5. Cut a bat out of the stable cardboard and one out of the black cardboard or the foam, which I was using.
6. Glue it together. Make sure that it looks good and no part of the stable cardboard looks out, then let it dry for a few minutes. If you're using a headbend glue it between the both bats so you can't see the elastic.
7. Pimp the mask with sequins or whatever you like to use.
8. Normally you would glue the stab on the back now, but since i couln't go to the supermarket to buy some I must wait till next week...
Now you're done! This is a really easy DIY, just to glue all these sequins on really does take a lot of time. If I had gel glitter I also woul've given the bat teeth and eyes :/
Tomorrow I'll be filming the make-up which is matching this mask. Honestly, it will be the first time for me to do the entire make-up. Normally I just draw my eyes or use some powder, but I hope it will work!
Let me know if you want to do this DIY too ;)